Translate

mardi 16 octobre 2007

Adamantios Korais




Yesterday I walked along the Antigone neighborhood where I lived for several years, on the Place du Nombre d'Or. A few years ago, after I left my apartment, the city hall had a statue of a famous Greek scholar, Adamantios Korais, installed under the windows of my former apartment, at the back of the building. Yesterday, I noticed that some graffiti had been "stuck", not drawn, on the statue's face. For once, the "tagueurs," as we call them here, have shown some respect for their victim :-)).

The middle and lower photos show the windows of "my" kitchen, one of my son's bedroom and "my" bedroom.

6 commentaires:

  1. Oh la la! Je suis le premier! Et la statue est mignon avec la 'lettre'? :)

    La Republique Etrange
    www.veryclicky.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That's interesting and to see the windows in the lower photos - love your building!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. A wonderful apartment and an even more wonderful view.
    Chère Marie, Sorry to have become invisible this week but I am under pressure at mon bureau. I am truly honoured to have been tagged by you and regret that it came at such a busy time. I will respond when the smoke blows away and offer a better apology.
    Je suis si impatient pour arriver en France !

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Nice statue, too bad about the stuck-on stuff, but hopefully it can be removed.

    Nice to see the attractive and interesting building where you lived and "your rooms!" :-D

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. What an elegant building, Marie. You must miss this place a bit. The statue is rather elegant too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I enjoyed your photos of the rugby fans, and feel sure they would have been feeling very glum after the match. Well done Les Bleus to have reached the semi-finals...in fact the whole tournament seems to have gone off without a major hitch.
    Thank you, Marie, for tagging me. I will make it my task for tomorrow.
    Also, i will post an item about Blog Day too in the next couple of days or so...much to catch up on.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu