Translate

lundi 1 octobre 2007

Cimetière du Père Lachaise


The Père Lachaise cemetery is not in Montpellier. It is the most famous cemetery in Paris and even in France. Since today's theme is cemeteries and tombstones, I invite you to visit the Père Lachaise where lots of celebrities have been buried. You click on the letters of the index and you find where your favorite dead writers or singers are now.

One of the most famous tombs is Victor Noir's. Have a look at it and you will understand why.

Photos of the cemetery by Gregory Sullivan.

Victor Noir's grave.


Le cimetière du père Lachaise ne se trouve pas à Montpellier. C'est le plus célèbre cimetière de Paris et même de France. Puisque le thème d'aujourd'hui c'est "cimetières et pierres tombales", je vous invite à aller visiter le père Lachaise où des tas de célébrités sont enterrées. Cliquez sur les lettres de l'index et vous trouverez les endroits où se trouvent maintenant vos écrivains et chanteurs morts préférés.

Une des tombes les plus connues est celle de Victor Noir. Allez y jeter un oeil et vous comprendrez pourquoi.

Photos du cimetière, par Gregory Sullivan.

Tombeau de Victor Noir

20 commentaires:

  1. I believe this is the first celebrity tombstone of the day!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. it isn't the first celebrity tombstone - Isabella of Naples has also posted this same cemetery featuring Chopin's grave and there are several other celebrity tombs among the theme posts.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks so much for posting this tomb, Marie. My younger son Leland will enjoy the memory it will bring to him of his visit there in 1994. We were on a student/teacher trip to Europe, so naturally some had to find Morrison's grave on their free time in Paris.

    My goodness, Noir's grave is something to see.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ah thanks for pointing out the double posting - no worries - you've got two bites of the cherry so to speak.
    A friend of mine has been off to Tolouse recently [she should be back now but I've not seen her yet] and was anxious to visit Carcassone so I was surprised to see your post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Nice cemetery and photograph. It is a thank you I owe for your visit to my blog. Thanks.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. beautiful and interesting commentary too. Lovely photo.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I've paid my respects to Morrison there...but how did I miss Victor Noir? ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I had a feeling Mr. Morrison's gravesite would make an appearance. I have not seen Mr. Noir's grave before. I am sure it is even more macbre in person. Thank you for the information!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Forgive my presumptuousness. I only clicked on the link directly to his grave, and not the virtual tour one. The former appears to be more like a man slain than a restful repose.
    The tour shows more of a hint as to what women are doing to his grave, but why? What makes him so "potent"? :)
    Thank you for the enlightenment!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I just read what you said about Victor Noir's tomb at Orlando, Florida's Daily Photo. That's very interesting, that belief. Many must believe there's an aura surrounding Noir, correct? I was thinking it might be an evil aura, so I'm glad to find there is something positive to it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Wow I have learned so much today and seen a lot of famous graves (Garbo, Tchaikovsky, Ben Franklin) to name a few.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Very nice and thanks for the extra off site links.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I followed the link and looked at the gravestone of Victor Noire...and all I could say was "Oh, my goodness!" I unerstand now.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. tiens tu aurais pu croiser ISAbella au Père Lachaise

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. le site est vraiment impressionnant, je ne le connaissais pas cette visite virtuelle, superbe

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Je suis allée plusieurs fois au père Lachaise, un ami avait ses fenêtres qui donnaient sur le cimetière. Il y a des tombes vraiment insolites..

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Scott,Victor Noir was shot to dead in the street of Paris in 1870 and the life-sized casting is a depiction of he was found. A certain part of his anatomy is quite prominent and women hoping to get pregnant have rubbed it for luck.

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Thank you, anonyme. I am sorry for not answering Scott's question. I have got the flu or something similar..... But I'm feeling much better today.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu