Translate

lundi 17 mars 2008

Dominicans





I fell upon this group of singers on the Esplanade Charles de Gaulle on my way to the Corum yesterday afternoon. They were singing and handing flyers about the Holy Week over.

The young Dominican also danced and played the flute. There is an important Dominican community in Montpellier...

13 commentaires:

  1. I would certainly have enjoyed seeing and hearing that!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I am happy that you got to see me wearing the blonde wig, Marie. Thanks for coming over.

    I enjoyed your post today and your photos are very good.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Lucky for you to have happened on such a festive scene. Beautiful series of photos.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ils existent encore ces pères dominicains? ils se sont bien modernisés et sont dans le vent!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Very nice and interesting, I would have liked to have seen and heard it too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Talk about serendipity. I wish I could have been there

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. How interesting and entertaining!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I have never seen anything like this before. How did they sound?

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. There always seems to be so much happening in your beautiful city.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I wonder why Dominicans chose Montpellier? Not that they shouldn't have for it is such a gorgeous place to live in, but what's there that attracted so many of them. There's a locality in Massachusetts that's home to a large number of Cambodians. You won't find them anywhere else, they seem to love it there. I think it all started with one family that opened a small supermarket in the late '80s. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Flute, guitar and bongo-drums. It would be great to hear them singing.
    Often a digital camera will make a small movie.

    On pourrait essayer cette méthode ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. That's a good attitude towards religion ... never saw any friar or priest doing that here in Portugal ...

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu