Translate

jeudi 22 novembre 2007

Oysters



Do you eat them raw?

The oysters in the photo are from Bouzigues, near Sète. They were also eaten there. The white wine was great.

18 commentaires:

  1. un petit coup version française, un petit plus version française ;o)).
    Tu donnes envie, je suis fou des fruits de mer..........Hummmmmmm et bon appétit ;o)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Marie encore merci d'avoir fait de la pub pour mon blog . Celà m'a valu quelques commentaires de blogueurs américains et j'en suis fort heureux. J'ai pu ainsi aller visiter leurs blogs et pratiquer un peu mon anglais qui se rouille.Connaitrais tu dans la région un club de conversation franco-anglais ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Je ne parle pas Francais tres bien et...even my keyboard won't cooperate although I know I can get the circumflex and accents with HTML.

    I do love raw oysters, though, and the picture made me want to take my worthless dollars and fly to France! I love French, too, but my skills are so poor! Thanks for this blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I used to work at Captain Mac's Calm shack on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse, NY. It was my job, among other things, to open the raw clams and oysters. I ate them occasionally, but preferred them steamed with butter or in soup.

    I am sorry I am behind on commenting from all my travels.

    Merci beaucoup pour felicitations. Je suis heureux de pouvoir lire vos mots. (??) Je n'écris pas comme moi lis. (???)

    Today we have Thanksgiving. I am thankful to have you for a bloggy friend. :-D May you have a blessed day.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Très bien; maintenant que nous savons où trouver les huîtres, il reste a savoir la marque du vin - et la température.
    :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I've never tried them. Maybe I should venture out a bit.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Bien sur que je les
    bouffent crus...

    (That's the picture of me in Mèze I mentioned)

    Joyeux Thanksgiving aux amerloques.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I wish I could say I loved oysters but really I don't. Friends think I'm pathetic! Everyone I know adores oysters. Occasionally I'll eat one and certainly I adore love all other seafood including urchins - yummy! Just not crazy about the texture of an oyster somehow.

    Beautiful photograph and I wish I loved them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Actually, in the Mèze picture I'm eating a violet, and I see there are a few of these strange monovalves, also known as bijus, on your platter there. Do you like them, Marie? My wife says they taste like congealed metal polish.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. J' adore les huitres, cela me rappelle un petit resto fantastic au bord de l' etang de thau a Balaruc, le Saint Clerc. One of the best sea-food platters I ever had, for an extremely reasonable price as they are also producers. I envy you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. J'adore je suis capable de manger le plat entier.

    Avec un petit mauscadet sur lie

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Ulysse,
    In montpellier,"Book in Bar" invites us for Coversation Exchange on friday(three fridays a month)at5pm.
    Book In Bar,8 rue du Bras de Fer,
    0467662290
    It should be very nice to see you.
    Jacquelin

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. No, I don't eat oysters in any style, but still and all, this is a great photograph of them and their lemon quarters. Do I see a bit of a slice of bread beneath their dish?

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Bergson
    Your music on your blog is a delight.I like listen it when I look at your nice photos or Marie's nice photos.
    Jacqueline

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Yes, we do eat them, but they're not quite as common fare here in USA as they might be in France. Makes me wish for some, tho!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. This has been a great reminder to me, this wonderful oyster post.
    As a big thank you I have bought some Aussie oysters for your enjoyment and have also eaten them for you too. They are on Adelaide DP.

    Naturellement, nous les avons également mangés de la meilleure façon française !

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. I like oysters Rockefeller....cooked, in other words! Nice presentation.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu