Translate

dimanche 2 mars 2008

Patrick Singh






On last Friday evening I attended the "taking down" of the exhibition of Patrick Singh's very beautiful paintings in the garage of a technical high school, Lycée Pierrre Mendès-France (former Lycée Méditerranée).

I had never met Patrick Singh before and I had never seen his paintings. Singh finds his inspiration from his travels throughout the world.

Patrick Singh has painted many black faces that are lit by touches of white paint. I did the opposite: I photographed him "in the shade," which makes him look a bit like his "models" (actually he paints without models).

18 commentaires:

  1. Did you conclude that these figures, born of the night, had found the light and hence the way?
    Yesterday, the sharing of joy; today the sharing of the light and the way not yet found ? It's hard to know.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Catalonia Spain
    thank you

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Beautiful paintings and beautifully photographed. Artist looks such a nice and interesting man.

    PS. Yes I noticed you hadn't posted for Theme Day. Loved your street musicians tho. Zut zut et rezut as you say!

    If you've got a street mural/graffiti photo why not post it tomorrow?

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I have had to erase the comment "Akicage" wrote hereabove. Actually it was a virus! Be careful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I don't think "taking off" is the right expression. What's the french word you're representing?

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Expat, I was joking or trying to :-)) Instead of visiting the exhibition on its opening day (??) I went the last day for the "décrochage". I hope you can find a better expression for me! Thank you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Ahah... I thought you perhaps meant "launch" which is a kind-of synonym of "taking off". If it was the closing, or "taking down", I suggest borrowing a term from the movie industry. The "wrap".

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Merci beaucoup, expat! Of course, I meant "taking down." I'm so absent-minded! Even after reading your first comment I didn't realize I had written "taking off." I must have been thinking of my trip to the USA in June :-))

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Beautiful work ~ He is such a fine artist -- his work is wonderful. You did a good job capturing it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Great visual mind he must have painting without models. Great.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. ces peintures sont superbes, je ne connaissais pas Singh, mais j'adore. J'aime beaucoup la composition de la première photo

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Les visages sont superbes, ce monsieur que je ne connais pas a dû vivre en Afrique?

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Hello Marie.

    The first picture is very good.
    Nice series.

    You asked what type of camera i`m using.
    It`s a FUJIFILM FinePix F 40 fd.

    Wishing you a nice week. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. This is a wonderful series of photos, Marie. I adore Singh's paintings. I'm a great admirer of artists of his calibre. I have little talent in this area.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. C'est magnifique, ce qu'il fait !

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. The artist and his works ... some are quite good indeed.
    And you captured them right!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. The top portrait you took is stunning Marie - he should put that in his catalog.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu