Translate

jeudi 17 avril 2008

The queen of the aligot





Oops! Evelyne nearly missed this one!



My friend Evelyne is the queen of the aligot. Making aligot is a tour de force which requires lots of time and energy (and good muscles in your arms, believe me!).

You eat aligot with sausage and tripoux. You need scissors and help to cut the aligot.

Recipes of aligot and tripoux:
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/lane/kal69/shop/pages/isbn331.htm
http://www.toomanychefs.net/archives/001250.php

16 commentaires:

  1. A l'aligot un petit plat bien sympathique qui tiens bien au ventre

    ne ditons pas dans l'aveyron : L'aligot ne tient pas seulement au ventre, il tient en sympathie.

    Mais non Marie tu es très djeun !!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Is there any connection at all, in etymology, between aligot and the grape variety aligoté?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Merci Bergson. Je ne suis sur aucune photo puisque c'est moi qui prends les photos :-)))

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I don't know, expat, but I'm going to inquire about it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. The Aligot sounds scrumptious, even when one needs, 145 kilos of potatoes, 42 kilos of cheese, 12 litres of cream and 4 kilos of butter.
    I am sure to try it after I read the recipe more carefully.
    Next I must investigate the tripoux, but I will have to consult the "Larousse Gastronomique".

    There is so much work to be done before arriving in France !

    Je dirais que les bras d'Evelyne sont beaucoup plus forts, après tout ce travail dur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I'm of to see what that aligot is ...

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hi,

    Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the blog. We have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. Please contact me at ashishbaldua5@gmail.com to know more.

    Thanks
    Ashish Baldua

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. This sounds delicious....must try. Am ashamed to say that in my 7 years in France, I never sampled aligot, but I imagine that it's a dish one doesn't find in restaurants, but is made best at home.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Marie, I envy you meeting Armistead Maupin the other day. I just read Michael Tolliver Lives and enjoyed it as much as the other Tales of The City books.

    I have booked a night's accomm at the Royal Hotel in Montpellier on the assumption that it is a reasonable place close to the attion for a 7:26 departure.

    Great food by the way! (but tripoux - no thanks!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. PS I noticed the cover of New Zealand writer Katherine Mansfield's book on your page. On Googling her I found that ther eis a street named after her in Menton, where she lived for some time. I shall have to look out for that when visiting Jilly!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. I was surprised when I read the recipe since in my mind the photos didn't give me a clue as to what it might be. Sounds like a great dish, a bit full of calories, but how scrumptious it must be!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. This looks and sounds very good. Perhaps you don't need the sausages too! Great photos. I always love the photos of your friends and your life, Marie.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Les tripoux pour mon Chéri et moi, Yes, l'aligot for me only !

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Seriously, today is the very first time i saw that kind of food and i find it really really weird. Does it taste good?

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Anyway, just bloghopping! Hope to see you around... buzz me back. ^-^

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu