Translate

jeudi 28 août 2008

Hudson River Valley





Last Sunday my friend Lucia and I visited some beautiful places in the Hudson River Valley. We started with the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park. The owners had 65 servants to help them!

The park is gorgeous, the view on the Hudson River is magic. The inside of the house is magnificent but I would not live there.

You can see a lot of photos of the furniture and the decoration on the Internet, for example here.

17 commentaires:

  1. Bonsoir !

    C'est ensoleillé dans le coin §
    Ici, brrr...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a beautiful place. Great pictures.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. How interesting. I saw a program today on television or cable about this mansion and that the rooms had service bells all over the place to call a servant. It must be nice to have that kind of money. We think the mansion in North Carolina is the nicest ever. The Biltmore House at Statesville, North Carolina.

    Your photography is, by the way, excellent on this post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. This is the first photo I've seen of the Vanderbilt mansion. Did you also visit FDR's home?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. We drove into FDR's park but we did not visit the house. My friend said most of the rooms were empty. I took photos of the "garages".......

    Thank you so much, Abraham. If YOU say it, it must be true :-))

    Thank you Sharon and Webradio.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. These are so many beautiful pictures, and I love that funny tree trunk.

    Really nice for the eyes.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. la vallée de l'Hudson c'est vraiment sublime, tu en as de la chance.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Quel belle demeure dans un parc magnifique ! Sans parler de l'intérieur qui est somptueux.
    Ben oui, Marie, toutes les bonnes choses ont une fin. Je sais que pour toi c'est bientôt le retour. Je sais aussi que tu vas recevoir m. et mme.Benaut, tout comme moi.
    C'est un grand honneur qu'ils nous font. Il va falloir que mon Chéri et moi, nous nous surpassions. nous nous

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Hi Marie! First of all many thanks for your comment on my post of 08.08.08 at 08h08 at Blogtrotter, now in Kos, Greece! It was great to read you there. Second, sorry for the long delay to come here, but August was a terribly busy month, as everybody else seems to be in vacation…
    Anyhow, I found sometime now to land here and enjoy your blog.
    Did you move to NY? I miss it, and the Hudson Valley... Gorgeous pictures. Great treat!
    Wish you a great weekend!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I could probably put up with living here with all those servants for a few months!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. lovely captures. looking at your work really transports me in a different place. great job marie.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. What a coincidence. I'm a 29 year old who just left New York to come to Montpellier to study french!

    I looked at your site every day before I left, and now I look at your lovely photos and think - "Oh, I miss New York!"

    Try to see the corn fields!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Hello Purpley, I am in Montpellier, not too happy to be here, and I might move soon to Aveyron. I will start a new blog there. I'm going to go back to Connecticut and New York in October. I love it too much there! I would be happy to meet you while I am still in Montpellier.

    Thank you very much to all of you for your comments. I am sorry for not visiting your blogs more often for the moment.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Colorful flowers!

    Where are you? Are you OK?

    We miss you!

    Are you back in France?

    Traveling?

    OH, I see you are back in France.

    I wish you were HAPPY!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. MARIE, Where are you so that I can see more of your photos? If you have time, my email is listed on my profile.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu