Translate

samedi 30 janvier 2010

Florence Causeur-Chastagner's Chronicles



This post is intended for people from Montpellier and surrounding towns mainly as Chronicles,
the exhibition of collages by Florence Causeur-Chastagner will end tomorrow night.
Unfortunately Florence does not have a personal website for the moment, therefore my overseas friends
will not be able to enjoy the richness of her works (both naive and sophisticated). The photo I have
posted is not (entirely) illustrative of Florence's creativity and talent but it is
the only photo available to me.


Si vous êtes à Montpellier ce week-end, je vous suggère d'aller voir l'exposition de collages réalisés par
Florence Causeur-Chastagner, et intitulée Chronicles. L'exposition dure jusqu'à demain soir,
à la galerie Saint-Ravy. Vous serez bluffé. La photo que je poste n'est pas très représentative
à mon sens de la créativité, de l'élégance et de la perfection de ces oeuvres, mais elle est
la seule dont je dispose, et même la seule qui soit visible sur Internet. Vous retrouverez
dans ces tableaux des traces des pays où l'auteur a vécu et de leurs mythes, le Mexique avec ses calaveras,
le Maghreb, la Polynésie et les Etats-Unis (certains tableaux m'ont fait penser à Warhol et même à Hopper).

12 commentaires:

  1. I love to see art posted from around the world! Bravo, Marie!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you for sharing this art. My wife and I have several paintings by an artist in Oaxaca, Mexico who also leaves the faces blank. It forces the eye to admire the color and form, not the facial features of the subjects.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ca me plait beaucoup. J'irais volontiers voir une de ses oeuvres si elle expose près de chez moi.
    Bon dimanche Marie

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Well, seeing how this was intended for people from Montpellier, et. al., I won't look at it. ;-)

    Darn, I looked anyway. Couldn't help myself! Very interesting art work, but I think some things are missing.

    Oh, never mind, Dave from Costa Rica 'splained it to me.

    And bon dimanche to you, too, though it's afternoon there, now!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Jacob, I hope you did not feel really offended :-))))

    I meant two things by saying that it was "intended for" people from Montpellier. People living in Florida (lucky you!) would not have had the time to come here to visit the exhibit. Second, you needed to see the exhibit to really "sense" the beauty of the works (since, as I said, this photo of a collage does not fully represent the variety of the works.

    Thank you to Leif, Dave and Kéline.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Hi Marie! Noooooo! I was kidding around! Thought I'd have a little fun with you. Obviously, it didn't work out too well. Sometimes when I try to be funny it ain't so funny!

    No offense at all!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hi Marie - We are both very funny! Maybe we're too funny for our own good! Heh, heh!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Very interesting....the blank faces, so leave something to the imagination.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. il y avait une interdiction de prendre des photos de l'exposition ?
    Beau travail, j'ai regarde ces sites internets, j'aime beaucoup

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Très souvent, il est interdit de prendre dans les photos d'expos...Je me suis fait rappeler à l'ordre plusieurs fois..
    Il parait que les voleurs d'oeuvres vont chiper sur internet les photos..C'est ce que disait Jacob ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. too late!

    dommage, tu sais bien faire l'article pour cette artiste!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu