Translate

samedi 20 octobre 2007

Orthodox Church


This is the pediment of the Orthodox Church of Montpellier, which is located in the park of the Château de Grammont. I think it used to be the chapel of the castle, in former times.

16 commentaires:

  1. I wonder why new construction does not include such things? Is it something that is to only be associated with the past? I think about those kinds of things every time I see examples like this from the past.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Marie: Back from my trip, and so missed your posts.
    This is a beautiful church. You have so much history in your country. Very nice. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is beautiful. I love the way the art is framed by green.

    Marie, I'll write you in a day or so with info on increasing size of photos - just crazy busy here for a day or so.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. WOW! great detail on this, very nice! :-D

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Yes, Abraham is right. I like sleek, uncluttered contemporary art, but I, too, wish that more artistic endeavor was included. You framed the photo very artistically.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. What a lovely, sun-dappled photo you've taken, Marie. I agree with Mr. Lincoln about wondering why new construction doesn't include such things.

    Thanks for visiting my lengthy random facts' post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Like Old Man Lincoln, I also wonder what has happened with new architecture. Why don't modern builders leave something beautiful and lasting to those yet to come?

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Marie, love your photo...I always feel church photography is best when smaller details are captured, rather than the whole structure.It kind of lends a....umm...'spirituality' to the subject. I am feeling very tired, Marie..I got up early to watch the World Cup final...the game did the occasion justice I thought, and the Springboks were worthy winners.I hope all France feels proud of the success of the tournament.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. It's very lovely to see such architectural details. The buildings announce their purpose to the larger world.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. What a beautiful building. I have been able to download your photo which is good - most blogs today I can't see anything!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. un superbe fronton !!

    c'est mon fils (ça nous rajeunit pas)
    bon je trouve que depuis que Cécilia est parti on voit le nain encore plus !!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. This is so pretty, I love the way you framed it in green! :-D

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I love to look at these carvings. They are beautiful and alot of hard work goes into these.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Very pretty. Like Jilly I like the green around it and I will be the first to admit that when I get something like this it is only by accident!!!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu