Translate

jeudi 18 octobre 2007


This photo was certainly a failure but I like it because it looks like an Impressionist painting (again!). I took it a few years ago when I could hardly use my digital camera (I still have a hard time using it :-)).

It was taken in the Bois de Montmaur, where there is a very nice running track. It shows an old village nearby, Montferrier, I think.

11 commentaires:

  1. Oh, I don't agree with you! It's a beautiful photo, perfectly framed. I recommend readers click on it to fully appreciate all its elements.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. beautiful. Just beautiful. Why don't you increase the size of your photos? I remember Isabella suggesting this to me and it made a lot of difference.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is a beautiful photo, Marie.
    I love it, and I am sure the Montferrierains would be proud of you.
    Does the running track follow the Lez or is it in the hills?

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. We have a running track (and a bike track) along the Lez but this one "meanders" through the wood......

    Thank you very much, Isabelle and Jilly. I'd love to post bigger photos (even though it is possible to enlarge the photos I have been posting so far) but I don't know how to do that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. This photo is NOT a failure, Marie. It is superb. You have foreground, middle ground and background. Montferrier looks absolutely gorgeous.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Great photo marie.
    I replied to your tag on my post yesterday - was fun and it fitted in very well with the post I was doing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Well, I've posted about being tagged. I couldn't figure out the link think--not your fault at all, I'm sure. Thanks for giving me a chance to spread facts about myself around the world!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. C'est vrai que cette très belle photo ressemble beaucoup aux tableaux peints par Cézanne, ce type de montagnes en fond,et ces villages construits sur un piton rocheux, c'est bien le midi!.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. How could you call this a failure??It is a lovely photo and captures the whole scene around you...I like it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Ooooh, how beautiful. I don't think it is a failure at all!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. There is perhaps too much flat sky - if you cropped it to cut most of the sky and about a fifth in from each side it would be perfect. Essentially you would have the village with the mountains as fading background and framed by the out-of-focus foreground of leaves.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu