Translate

dimanche 18 novembre 2007

Old steeple



I took this photo in Ferrières les Verreries (I think)...

9 commentaires:

  1. I love those tiled roofs and the bells are lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. There is so much fascinating detail in this old 'campanile'.

    There are corbel stones inserted as steps in the ashlar masonry to help someone climb to the top.
    And; there appears to be an electric or hydraulic motor to ring the bell.

    Un très beau, vieux clocher; - et une antenne par radio ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Tiled roofs, bell arches, old stone... what a neat shot. It seems so many miles and years from where I live. A much deeper connection to life and history I think.
    Thanks,
    Wayne
    PS. I like the new picture of Denise (?) on the bike. I don't know her, but I gotta like anyone who rides such a cool set of wheels!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. tres belle photo, cela me fait penser à ces vieilles eglises que l'on voyait dans les westerns.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. C'est vraiment le style de tout le midi, même sur la côte d'azur les cloches comme les gens vivent dehors.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Nice details. I like looking at that old bell too. Too bad we can't hear it ringing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. You have so many beautiful places around you, you don't know where you photographed! I do the same sometimes, so I sympathise.

    Such a beautiful shot of a beautiful bell and surroundings.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. OH! What a wonderful photo of a wonderful old church. Great detail here, Marie! :-D

    Mary :-D

    PS: My opening went very nicely. Lots of people came and the food was nice and the conversation scintillating. I didn't sell any pictures, though.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Marie,

    I love the contrast between the colors of the roof, stone walls and sky. You composed this wonderfully. Of course having such subjects to work with doesn't hurt either!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu