Translate

mardi 4 mars 2008

Arbrasson




José Le Piez is the strangest and one of the most interesting artists I have ever met. He makes sound sculptures which he calls ARBRASSONS out of dead trees and dry branches.

I met him in the Domaine de Restinclières where he exhibited his sculptures and played his music a few years ago.

I am very grateful to Myriam Bournazel, chargée de communication at the Maison Départementale de l'Environnement, Domaine de Restinclières, for helping me find José Le Piez's name.

9 commentaires:

  1. How fascinating and so beautiful. it's interesting how many people there are working in wood, especially fallen trees. I'll be posting two sculptures in the current Monaco series over the next days. I've never seen anything like these tho and find them so beautiful. Such a fascinating guy. Nice post.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Sound sculptures from wood. I've seen stories about ones made from metal. This is so neat. And I've enjoyed so much browsing through your recent posts.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I guess this is recycling at its best hey???

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. la recherche de cet artiste est très original, j'aime beaucoup

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Weird songs coming from there, no?

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. J'ai été visiter son site très des réalisations superbes

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Fascinating work and a serious idea that has lots of merit.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. They are "real" music instruments. He taught my friend Danièle and I to play music on them. Or rather he tried... :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. That is truly fascinating ~~ Wish we could hear the sounds....!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu