Translate

vendredi 25 avril 2008

Drowning accident

A few days ago a car that was parked along the Lez took advantage of its owner's temporary absence to throw itself into the river. A few pessimists think that it tried to commit suicide.

My opinion is it wanted to go swimming with the ducks and maybe the seagulls. The sun was warm and it was not windy.

When I saw the rescuers I couldn't help thinking I would have liked to be a white car fallen in the river.



This is the first photo in the "I don't like" series. I don't like the new concrete buildings that have replaced parks, vineyards and old mazets!

19 commentaires:

  1. Louis la Vache agrees with you about the ugly buildings! They look cold and dehumanizing! What le Corbusier et al have wrought!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Bonjour, encore, Marie - Louis la Vache has added a link to your Montpellier.dailyphoto at his "San Francisco Bay Daily Photo".

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Montpellier is such a pretty town, those lovely alley ways, what are they doing. I hate concrete and steel. Why do we have to make everywhere look the same. Le Corbusier has as we say in england, "a lot to answer for", for influencing this ugly style.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi my dear friend Marie ~~ I've so missed you. We are all moved in and got Internet today. I did post our send off today, and will be back on schedule on Monday.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I guess they forgot the emergency brake!! what a picture! but the concrete is not very pretty is it?

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. On ne peut pas dire que c'est parce que le conducteur avait trop bu. Une voiture suicidaire ? Non ! Un frein à main mal serré mais ta version d'aller nager avec la canards et les mouettes est très poétique.
    Que de béton à la place de ce si jolie petit coin que tu as montré.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I laughed at your van wanting to commit suicide. Feeling insecure because it wasn't a Mercedes, of course!

    Your new buildings are not very nice - so sad when old buildings are pulled down. Could you please give me the translation of 'mazet' Marie.

    We have areas in Menton that are none too pretty. I've not photographed those yet and really don't want to but I suppose one should show a town, warts and all. I just don't like warts.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Bonjour j'ai aimé passer à saludarte. Photographies jolies. Il applique celle du camion accidenté. Blog très bon. Baisers pour toi. Nous nous voyons.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Hi Marie! You probably didn’t notice, but I was absent for a while… ;)) Anyhow, I missed your posts and comments, so I’m trying to catch up what I can!
    Amazing; I thought this happened only in the canals of Amasterdam... ;))
    I trust you about the diva I haven't heard about...
    Finally, with the Mazet I can understand why you don't like the new concrete! Agree!
    Hope you have a great Sunday and a better week!
    Blogtrotter
    Gil

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Jilly,a"mazet" is a very little"mas". "Mas" is a langue docien and provençal word for"maison"and means: "little farm"(languedoc) or"countryhouse"(provence). The word "mas" is from latin word"mansum",of"manere":"demeurer"in french language. "Manse"was"une villa". Many,many times ago Montpellier was first a "manse"called"Monte Pestellario"J.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Marie, l'histoire de Louis peut être trouvée dans la barre de côté gauche de ses autres blogs à http://louislavache.blogspot.com
    et http://louisrecettes.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. te voila photoreporteur pour le journal local ;o) j'espere que tout c'est bien finit.
    Original ta serie "ce que j'aime moins", une fois c'etait le theme du mois. Tristement, meme chose a Evry, on detruit des endroits qui pourraient faire des jardins dans le centre ville pour en faire des immeubles d'habitations ;o(

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I agree with you because where I live we have the same problem. City is running over country and in most cases our buildings are ugly as hell!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Anonyme,
    I too, am grateful for this translation (of mazet).
    I could not find it anywhere and it hadn't occurred to me that it was the ancient 'dialecte languedocien'.

    Marie,
    I agree that the heritage of lovely old towns and cities is being subsumed by urban sprawl. That is why the vehicle decided to end it all ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Oh-oh! \\Hope they rescued it.

    I don't like concrete buildings replacing parks either.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Avec l'arrivée des vins étrangers, nos vignerons sont obligés d'arracher leur vigne, pourtant je l'aime le vin du Languedoc, il vaut certains bordeaux.
    Il devait faire trop chaud le conducteur avait envie d'un rafraichissement ou bien de laver sa voiture!

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Avec l'arrivée des vins étrangers, nos vignerons sont obligés d'arracher leur vigne, pourtant je l'aime le vin du Languedoc, il vaut certains bordeaux.
    Il devait faire trop chaud le conducteur avait envie d'un rafraichissement ou bien de laver sa voiture!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Thank you very much to all of you and especially to anonyme J who provided an excellent definition of the word "mazet".

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu