Translate

mercredi 9 février 2011

ABC Wednesday............ D is for difference







Two old doors, one "rich," one "poor," somewhere in Hérault (probably Lamalou les Bains).

What happened to the ducks on the Lez? There used to be a lot of them swimming and quacking, and entertaining people. There are only one or two left.....

More blogs participating in the ABC Wednesday Round 8 here.

Les portes, c'est comme les gens (quoi que...), ça se voit quand elles sont riches et quand elles sont pauvres. J'ai pris ces photos il y a quelques années à Lamalou les Bains.

Quant aux canards du Lez, la majorité d'entre eux a disparu. Ils étaient beaux, métissés les dernières années, et ils semblaient bien s'entendre. Mais tout se perd mon bon monsieur et ma bonne dame. Le temps des canards caquetants est révolu. Ils ont fait place aux moutons clonés.

7 commentaires:

  1. tant qu'ils ne font pas des moutons caquetants ;)))

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Nice contrast between the two doors...I think I'd take the first one! :-)

    I'll be on hiatus for a few weeks catching up on some other projects. Will check in when I get back blogging.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Marie, I love those doors. You have such subject matter in France. I always love pictues of ducks...they are beautiful against the water.

    Love and Hugs...

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Lovely golden stone in both doorways

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I love everything about French architecture and there is something about those ancient doors that get me every time!

    Leslie
    ABCW Team

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. viva la difference - I like them both.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu