Translate

vendredi 14 mars 2008

Trams






A few months ago, M. Benaut asked me when I was going to post photos of trams in Montpellier.

Find the odd one out (it's my favorite :-))

10 commentaires:

  1. I would guess the flowered colored one that looks like a throwback to the 1960's. I like the first and third one (are they the same?), very sleek.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oooooooooh la la, - finalement nous avons des trams.

    Thank you Marie.

    Line one and line two, -line 3 is still under construction, - but perhaps in August (2010) we may ride the tram to the airport and to Carnon for a swim.
    Everybody should see the trams of Montpelier, they run on dedicated grassy tracks for much of their length except for in 'la centre ville' where they add their fine colour to the old town.

    They are ALSTOM Citadis 401 and 402 trams on line 1, the Blue Trams, and ALSTOM Citadis 302 on line 2, the orange ones.
    They are so popular that the Agglomeration of Montpellier has to lengthen them and put more trams in service.
    In September you can guess where to find me !

    Now, the last photo, - with the naked ladies painted on the side, - ,,,,,hmmm ? It's not from Adelaide?
    That's a difficult one, Marie !!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I prefer "the flower power" one to the San Francisco trolley...but then again, I used to live in SF so yours is more exotic to me ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Interesting that they have so much variety in the trams in one city.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I think you like the San Francisco one because you had a great time visiting the city by the bay. Neat photos!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Un instant, j'ai cru que le dernier était une sorte de pub pour inciter les Montpellierins (?) à prendre le tram! C'est fou le nombre de villes qui ont adopté ce système! Nantes, Nancy, Nice...Ce doit être un chantier moins lourd que pour un métro?

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. J'adore le tram avec le look seventies "peace and love". Je ne me souvenais pas que Montpellier avait un tram (bon je ne suis allée à Montpellier qu'une fois dans ma vie ...).
    A Nancy aussi nous avons le nôtre. Lors d'une des première mise en service, il a loupé son virage ... non, on ne rigole pas. Je vous rassure, aujourd'hui tout est rentré dans l'ordre. Mais il n'a pas un look aussi sympa, dommage!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I like the painted one, it's so pretty.

    I used to ride the cable cars in SF--when I was there it was illegal for women and girls to ride on the outside, but I occasionally did anyway, when it was too crowded for the driver to see me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Gosh Marie, I rode the San Francisco trams almost 30 years ago and they still look the same! Lucky for us that Montpelier has such lovely new Alstom trams. I'm looking forward to taking a ride or two.

    RépondreSupprimer

Bleu